I'm so fucked up... I can't even... no.
The worst thing? I finished watching it, all happy and shit, EXCITED, because it was one of the best in the series, right? It didn't have subtitles and I can never understand Joe Gilgun, and maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, or American shows have completely spoiled me in the way I never think a show runner's got the balls to kill off not one, but TWO of the show's major characters. And I go online and find everybody's panties in a twist about it. "How dumb" I think. And then it hits me. They are NOT coming back. Eternal-loop and all. And... like my brain can't even begin to process the loopholes or consistency of this theory or whatever... I just can't believe they won't be back next year. And that kills me. Because the ship... well, I'm used to always shipping the underdog, and not having it made cannon, so I'm always prepared to be disappointed in that department, and I'll be honest with you, I only began shipping them after Future Simon appeared. Yes. So, they create this EPIC relationship, make me invest in it SO MUCH... only to do this fuckery with my feelings? I gotta say... well played, show, well played. And at the same time... I can't see how they are going to get out of this hole. No Robert Sheehan? Ok, that I can't take... but... no Antonia Thomas and Iwan Rheon? Are you for real? What are they going to do? Introduce us to two new characters that are washed-out carton copies of them? Because... I love me some Joe Gilgun, I do, but I always got the sense that Rudy was too Nathan, and at the same time, not ENOUGH, you know? Like, ok, comic relief is gone, let's find a new one. He was a great character in his own right, don't get me wrong, but I would have loved it if they had instead gone in a completely different direction with it, you know?
Anyway. Enough with the rant.. I just... needed to get it all out.
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment